Puna de Atacama
DATE TOUR26 Feb – 09 March 2024 (13 days) x2 SPACES LEFT
TOUR LEADERS Marsel van Oosten, Ignacio Palacios
and Daniella Sibbing
FEE 12,990 USD from Salta, Argentina *
SINGLE SUPPL. 1,490 USD for a single room
DEPOSIT 2,000 USD per person
GROUP SIZE min. 8, max. 12 guests
LEVEL all experience levels
Based on the tour in 2023, some changes in the schedule have been made to make this tour even better! Landscape-wise, it is one of the very best we’ve ever done, with very different types of scenery in every location. This tour has been postponed from 2020. The tour fee is still going to increase slightly, to adjust it the 2024 price level.
We have teamed up with award-winning photographer Ignacio Palacios, a Spanish/Australian photographer who has traveled to this continent many times. Apart from knowing all the beautiful locations intimately that we will visit during this trip in Bolivia and Chile, he is also a very good photographer and a great person to travel with. All good reasons for us to team up with him and to co-host a few tours.
This exciting tour takes you to Puna, a rugged and beautiful section of Argentina. Dazzling, defiant, and awe-inspiring. Puna de Atacama is unlike anything you’ve seen before.
The first time you see this incredible high desert, it’s as if you’ve stepped onto another planet. A planet where rugged rust-hued rock formations, dramatic sand dunes, formidable mountains, striking lava fields, and hypnotic turquoise-pools reign supreme.
Puna is a landscape that could rival even George Lucas’ imagination, and we’re proud to announce we will be leading a photo tour there with Ignacio. It will be an extraordinary photography expedition to Puna de Atacama, Argentina.
- You’ll visit the Puna de Atacama, a high desert plateau located in a remote corner of northern Argentina that contains some of the most incredible desert scenery in the world.
- Photograph surreal rock formations, high deserts, massive sand dunes, endless salt pans, dramatic mountains, volcanoes, lava fields, cinder cones, and turquoise-colored pools.
- Journey across Northwest of Argentina.
- Visit the famous Andean salt lakes, located within the Andean volcanic plateau.
- Master the art of astro photography, capturing the spectacular Milky Way and star trails set against the dramatic salt flats and pyramids.
- Photograph the Red Labyrinth Desert which is filled with fossil dunes over 10 million years old.
- Capture the sun setting over Pumice Stone Fields, a strange and stunning landscape that is home to the largest pumice stone concentration in the world, with some stones reaching 60 feet tall and surrounded by black sand.
MORE INFO ABOUT THE TOUR
Ignacio has created an extensive PDF for this tour, full of wonderful pictures of the locations we’ll be visiting, including a detailed itinerary. Please download the PDF at the bottom of this page.
Also, there is a beautiful video, showing you the magic of Puna. If you have a drone: bring it!
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FEE
- transfer from/to airport
- all accommodation
- all meals
- all soft drinks
- 4WD vehicles with just 3 guests per vehicle
- in-the-field instructions
- image reviews
- Photoshop tips and tricks
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR FEE
- international and domestic flights
- travel and cancellation insurance
- personal purchases (snacks, etc)
- alcholic drinks
- Additional nights outside of the itinerary (at beginning or end of the tour)
You can download the tour PDF at the bottom of this page.
This is a link to the the tour PDF for 2023, but it is the same tour, only a year later. The dates as mentioned above on this webpage are 26 February – 09 March 2024.
The tour is organized & invoiced by IP Travel, the company of Ignacio Palacios, and co-hosted by Marsel and Daniella.Download PDF